25 july 2005


Angela woke up thinking, "what's that weird noise?"

Shortly after, the power went out, and the crew arrived.
They insulated the overhead lines with rubber tubes.
Then they replaced the "High Voltage" sign with a shinier one.

Next they replaced all the wiring going into and out of the breakers.
They polished all of the parts with a wire brush first.
The old wires were attached with bolted clamps.
The new ones are crimped on.

I guess you don't want to be too close when you throw the switch!
The big white things are insulators; electricity flows through
the removable metal bars.

"The cable melted because it got too hot," he said.
"25,000 volts. Probably too many hair dryers."