So, how was your day?

What have we learned? Perhaps that people like it when I swear.

Previously, previously, previously, previously, previously, previously, previously, previously, previously.

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

1. Dude says:

The world cesspool of crypto had two trending names yesterday: yours and Matt Damon's. Yours was the one that spoke common sense, as opposed to that of the Harvard alumnus.

Also, I love this tweet of yours, because I'm also sick of crypto-bros defending crypto with the same language used by the NRA.

2. Michael says:

I think it has more to do with the topic. Your anger tickled a certain part of the internet who are constantly angry at similar things, real or imagined.

3. Carlos says:

I love the absolute cryptofinance (*) creeps that tweet brought scuttling out from behind the fridge. They're a 50/50 mix between personally offended and worried opinions like yours will decimate their net worth.

C.

(*) - "crypto" is and always will be cryptography. Cryptofinance is both a better descriptor for, and sounds skeezier than, what those morons do with bits.

• Carlos says:

Got me there.

We should tell people who want in on "the bitcoin" to invest in mermaid funds instead. They're no more likely to get screwed.

C.

• Dude says:

Considering that there's actually a crypto called "Mermaid Token", they'd just think you were endorsing that.

• Birdy says:

At this point I am more convinced in the existence of cryptids than in the existence of the alleged usefulness of cryptocurrencies.

4. naum says:

Went to read your tweet & saw I was blocked -- don't know why, only interaction we've ever had was a brief email exchange years ago that I didn't think was unpleasant.

I don't know why and -- sorry -- don't care. I block early and I block often. I have 24,000 followers on Twitter and most of them are awful. It may be that you have "bitcoin" in your profile. It may be that I saw you say something stupid.

If someone has said something stupid enough to make me want to explain that to them, I block them, because the chance that this person will ever say something I want to hear is... not large.

But, maybe some day Mr. Firstname Bunchanumbers dot Eth and I woulda been pals. My loss!

• naum says:

Understood.

No "bitcoin" in profile, but no doubt I've probably said something stupid or linked to something dubious.

Just took me aback when one of my heroes wields the block stick on me ;(

(And in total agreement with the tweet, once I saw a screenshot of it, is dismaying, to see so many infected. In past year, been approached a few times to see if I would be willing to build an NFT app -- wish that collective focus & mania was directed in a better way :()

• Previously