Gently press down near end of nozzle.

Tags: , , ,

9 Responses:

  1. Jim says:

    What kind of valve is that?

    • dzm says:

      It's the nozzle on a helium tank used for filling balloons.

    • Elusis says:

      Why don't you press it and find out?

      • Jim says:

        Thank you for suggesting that I can understand the internals of the valve mechanism by listening to it. Someday I hope!

        • Elusis says:

          Were you under the impression that jwz has the ability to understand the internals of a valve mechanism by looking at a line drawing of it?

          • Nick Lamb says:

            The photograph is uncredited and this post is tagged "firstperson". So it seems reasonable to conclude that our host witnessed the object depicted first hand. As a result he doesn't need to understand it by "looking at a line drawing" and might instead have insights as a result of, you know, seeing the actual valve. Or not of course.

            • jwz says:

              One must also consider the possibility that your host profoundly does not give a shit.

            • Elusis says:

              My condolences to you on what I can only assume was a prophylactic humorectomy. I hear that's a difficult recovery.

          • Jim says:

            I assumed he has one or more and was surprised by the novelty, as most nozzles are opened by moving them toward the tank valve. In any case, I guess it's this kind.