Hologram Prince Weighs In

1998 Guitar World interview:

GW: With digital editing, it is now possible to create a situation where you could jam with any artist from the past. Would you ever consider doing something like that?

0{+> : Certainly not. That's the most demonic thing imaginable.

Everything is as it is, and it should be. If I was meant to jam with Duke Ellington, we would have lived in the same age. That whole virtual reality thing... it really is demonic. And I am not a demon. Also, what they did with that Beatles song ["Free As a Bird"], manipulating John Lennon's voice to have him singing from across the grave... that'll never happen to me.

To prevent that kind of thing from happening is another reason why I want artistic control.

Previously, previously, previously, previously, previously, previously, previously.

Tags: , , , ,

1. Doctor Memory says:

Might have been a good idea to listen to his lawyers and write a will then. :(

Or! People could choose to not be assholes for reasons other than "I was legally enjoined from being an asshole".

• That'd be nice, eh? Sadly the people being assholes in this case are his immediate family, so we're clearly in for an ugly decade or more of Prince-related branding exercises. :(

2. MattyJ says:

That halftime show was appalling for a litany of other reasons, too. The Little Prince also does not approve.

Previously #2!

• MattyJ says:

I know, right? But even better in graff... ahem, street art... form, and walking distance from DNA to boot. Haven't been by there in a few months, though, so no clue if it's still there.

• thielges says:

Is that a piece by Space Invader? He put up a nice homage to Jean Paul Gaultier in tha Marais district of Paris.

BTW nice collection of “nope!” GIFs.

• Previously