The 5 Filters of the Mass Media Machine

"TH EEIOTHEIO EEI LTIEIOTTH. TEI HOEIIO EEI LTOO!!"

Previously.

Tags: , , , , , ,

1. Web Guy says:

This video is heavy-handed and talks down to the audience. It doesn't do Chomsky's book justice. People who need this message the most are just going to dismiss it as ivory tower jerk-offs talking down to them.

A good start to improving it would be an actual human presenter with a sympathetic paul-in-the-desert, i-too-was-blind-but-now-i-see delivery instead of this avant-garde MTV bullshit that is 20 years past its sell-by date.

But I like the little musclebound Pac-Mans. I like them a lot.

• Someone says:

I agree that the video is patronising and oversimplifying to and beyond the point of caricature, but the art direction is really good, imo. I don't see why this style should be priviledge of 1997's MTV, but they say you can't argue about taste.

• thielges says:

I think Amy Goodman sounds condescending too. Then I learned about her background. She's a true champion of democracy and social justice. I still think she can sound snotty but now give her a break.

Good point though. Few viewers of his clip will take the time to understand its provenance.

• umffthebumffer says:

Well, I'd watch a short video with cool looking cartoon weirdos in it way before I'd watch some dry lecture. I can already detect those by the thumbnail and attention-deficit idiots like me are the people that need to be reached the most. People who are actually willing to sit through lectures solve their own problems.

2. margaret says:

Where do I buy those fab boots?

3. Penguin Pete says:

I think if you have anything important to say, you shouldn't try to say it with the lost dimension of Pepperland.

• Previously