A git repository of Unix commits, 1970-present:
The project has achieved its first major goal with the establishment of a continuous timeline from 1972 until today:
- snapshots of PDP-7, V1, V3, V4, V5, V6, and V7 Research Edition,
- all available BSD releases,
- the CSRG SCCS history,
- two releases of 386BSD,
- the 386BSD patchkit,
- the FreeBSD 1.0 to 1.1.5 CVS history,
- an import of the FreeBSD repository starting from its initial imports that led to FreeBSD 2.0, and
- the current FreeBSD repository.
The files appear to be added in the repository in chronological order according to their modification time, and large parts of the source code have been attributed to their actual authors. Commands like git blame and (sometimes) git log produce the expected results.
Blame is apportioned appropriately.
I love gource.