- Duration should be between 0.5 seconds and 140 seconds (async only)
- Dimensions should be between 32x32 and 1280x1024
- Aspect ratio should be between 1:3 and 3:1
- Maximum video length is 2 minutes and 20 seconds
- Maximum file size is 512MB
- Maximum resolution: 1920 x 1200 (and 1200 x 1900)
- Aspect ratios: 1:2.39 - 2.39:1 range (inclusive)
- Video size <= 15 MB
Three pages, and not a single number in agreement among them! Slow clap, guys. Slow clap.
Since a typical one minute 720p video is going to be around 30 MB, a two minute 15 MB limit forces you to do a pretty stupid juggling act, so I hope those aren't the real numbers.
Empirically, I'm getting this:
- 13 sec, 3 MB video: works.
- 60 sec, 28 MB video: upload fails with "Large file can not be finalized synchronously."
- 60 sec, 6 MB video: upload succeeds, but then posting fails with "Duration too long, maximum:30000, actual:60301"
So maybe they haven't actually rolled out the higher-than-30-second limit yet? Whatever that limit actually is?