Online comics shops?

Dear Lazyweb, what is your preferred online comics shop?

By which I mean, "I enter a list of titles I want to read, and they mail me paper comics once a week without me having to do anything." Bonus points if they have a mechanism to mail me GN comps as they are released instead of single issues.

I had been using Heavy Ink for years, and they were good, but apparently they're shutting down next month.

Because this is a Lazyweb post, allow me to clarify:

• I am not talking about reading comics online, or on a device, or any form of digital delivery. I don't read "real" comics (or books) that way and I'm not interested in starting.

• I'm sure your local brick-and-mortar shop is awesome. I don't care.

• The answer is neither Amazon nor eBay.

Previously.

Tags: , ,

1. redleaf8 says:

dnacomics.com?

2. Chet says:

Any notion of why HI is shutting down? I wondered if they'd survive the owner's shitty comments post-Giffords, but that was five years ago now.

Anyway, it sure SEEMS like a good business idea, given the scarcity of local shops (and the fact that only some of those local shops can manage a pull list reliably).

3. Brian says:

I've personally had good luck with the subscription programs at both Midtown Comics and Mile High Comics.

4. Lee says:

Second vote for Mile High Comics. I used them for years before I stopped collecting. They have options for weekly, bi-weekly or monthly, I went with monthly. At the time, they also occasionally threw in bonus issues, stuff I didn't order, but they sent it along anyway. packing was always good, and I think some of my comics in storage still sit in their original Mile High shipped boxes.

5. Sad that Heavy Ink is closing, and it looks like SmartFlix is too.

6. Peter says:

Things from Another World has been fine for me in the past.

7. DaveL says:

I've had good luck with Mile High.

8. Nick Lamb says:

I now buy all my comics from Page 45, but they're in the UK, so while they'd be perfect for your needs in other ways and quite content to ship comics to you in San Francisco I very much doubt that's cost effective. Recommended to anyone in, or at least nearer to, the UK though.

9. Glaurung says:

Thirding the recommendation for Mile High Comics' new issue service. Mile high comics's website looks like a massive back issue shop, but hidden away on their website is a new issue service, the page for that is:

10. Jason Hunt says:

I like dcbservice.com since they have better prices, but westfieldcomics.com offers the subscription option and has somewhat better service.