Auto-importing phone photos on OSX 10.11

When I plug in my phone, I want the photos on it to be automatically copied, unaltered, as files, to some folder; and then deleted from the phone.

I will not use iCloud. I do not want to ever use the Photos or iPhoto interface to get at my photos. I just want the damned files.

Apparently the "autoimport" option in Image Capture is gone now. So how do I make this happen?

Tags: , , ,

1. Corey says:

Dropbox used to offer this. With today's announcement of Carousel's being deprecated, I'm not sure where that leaves it.

Dropbox can also eat a dick. If I wanted my photos on a network store, I'd just use iCloud.

• Corey says:

Not if you cared about being able to retrieve your photos later in time. Opinions about cloud services in general aside, Dropbox "just works" in ways that iCloud has failed in hilarious / depressing ways.

I am glad you think Dropbox is awesome. I thought I was clear that I am utterly uninterested in putting my photos in the clown.

• Rena says:

What I do is have my phone automatically upload photos and videos to Dropbox, and then my PC automatically copies them to local storage. So even if someone took my phone and got into my Dropbox, I'd still have copies.

I would much rather have it upload directly to my PC instead of using a middleclown, but I haven't got around to setting that up.

• David Ashby says:

Fellow Carousel user here. Dropbox.app did this before Carousel, and that functionality will probably (based on what they're saying) merge back into the main application.

2. Matt M says:

I have 10.11 and have the "auto importer" at the bottom of the list what to do when connecting in Image Capture. It does reset your preference after doing the 10.10 to 10.11 upgrade.

3. Jon Millett says:

I use syncthing for this on android. I believe there is an iOS version.