The powerful powerful fecal-oral pathogens lobby

Sen. Thom Tillis (R-N.C.) said that the government should not require food workers to wash their hands after using the bathroom.

Previously, previously, previously, previously, previously, previously.

Tags: , , ,

1. Jim Sweeney says:

Share the poo!

2. Jim Sweeney says:

Share the poo!

3. Sheila Marie says:

Well, he is kissing the ass of the Tea Party.

4. Sheila Marie says:

Well, he is kissing the ass of the Tea Party.

5. bob says:

The article and your headline are dumb snarky smears. If you watch the video the guy is making a fair if slightly ham-fisted point about wasting people's time and money with unnecessary signs and paperwork. Do I really need a government employee going around and issuing fines to ensure the presence of signs reading "EMPLEADOS DEBEN LAVARSE LOS MANOS"?

Goddamn signs and recorded announcements barking at you everywhere in America are seriously annoying. It's the one of the first things I get annoyed at when I return from more civilized parts of the world.

• relaxing says:

Good work bringing race into it.

• nooj says:

So you're saying WaPo misquoted him here?

"I don’t have any problem with Starbucks if they choose to opt out of this policy [requiring employees to wash their hands after using the restroom] as long as they post a sign that says we don’t require our employees to wash their hands after leaving the restroom. The market will take care of that."

Because that quote is pretty much the opposite of what you're saying.

• PaulJBis says:

This reminds me of those libertarians who claim that drunk-driving laws should be eliminated. "If I hit someone, sober or drunk, send me to jail, but otherwise you're trampling my constitutional right to drive shit-faced".

• Karellen says:

Because, instead of requiring the unnecessary signs and paperwork resulting from laws ensuring employees wash their hands, we should instead require the signs and paperwork that would result from laws ensuring employers telling us that their employees do not have to? WTF?

• margaret says:

better the smear in a blog than my ham on rye.

6. For the record, if you think that all these people ARE washing their hands after using the bathroom, I've got a testicle-flavored salad you should try.

• Karellen says:

Also, those laws against murder haven't completely stopped murder, so I guess they're pointless too and should similarly be abolished. Right?

7. For the record, if you think that all these people ARE washing their hands after using the bathroom, I've got a testicle-flavored salad you should try.

• Previously