Carving your name into a park bench, Mad Science edition

I think I can see the Graffiti Singularity from here.

Handibot

A Handibot tool is a new kind of portable, digitally-controlled power tool for cutting, drilling, carving, and many other machining operations -- a first Universal Digital Power Tool (UDPT) -- or just, a Smart Tool. If you're familiar with industrial CNC (computer numerically controlled) equipment, think of the Handibot tool as a portable version of CNC. But instead of taking material to a stationary machine, you bring the Handibot to your material -- your jobsite, your remodeling task, your project, your work.

You can put your Handibot tool to work on a table, the floor, the ceiling, the wall, wherever you need to precisely cut, drill, or carve. Armed with a software application developed just for the kind of job you need to do, a Handibot tool is ready to go to work on your job, task, or project with a squeeze of the "Start" button.

Previously, previously, previously, previously, previously, previously, previously.

Tags: , , ,

1. Ben says:

Other techno graffiti concepts I've seen lately: color anodize a titanium-skinned building with a battery and some coke; apply a clear super hydrophobic coating to concrete that shows the graffiti only when wet.

• gryazi says:

I think the hydrophobic coating would be more entertaining if you got it on before someone goes to paint something. Bike lanes where they're going to mindlessly lay down the slippery green crap maybe?

2. Jon Konrath says:

Oh man, if you've ever built a guitar and had to route out the pickup cavities, this thing is a goddamn wet dream.

3. gryazi says:

Even worse - it's a Brutalism-to-Steampunk Converter. Look forward to fucking gears and rosettes on everything.

[If you haven't noticed, I think non-functional gears are the new paisley. Or the MLP of ornamentation.]

4. "I'm sorry, sir, you'll really have to leave your handibot in coat check."

I knew about it, but I've never gotten around to visiting it.

• Richard says:

Bay Model: vaut le voyage.

Particular given that le voyage is a bike ride over the GG Bridge. We have it so hard here in SF.

And then have lunch/dinner at overpriced-but-so-what Fish before heading back to SF.

"Reber Plan" is your dystopian yesterday's tomorrows search term for today.