You doom us all to inhuman toil for the One whose Name cannot be expressed in One Hundred Forty Characters.

This twit from @glitchr_ crashes the Mac Twitter client, through the Cleansing Fire of Unicrud.

Well done, Sir. Well done.

Previously, previously, previously, previously, previously.

Tags: , , , ,

1. Kev says:

Also Chrome, for me. So of course I retweeted it.

• skreidle says:

It didn't hang or crash Chrome for me, but it did strange things to its behavior -- I couldn't add any text to the RT, nor did I have a close button for the tab. However, I could ctrl-W it or backspace to the previous page.

2. David M.A. says:

I can view it in a timeline, but trying to view it stand-alone actually manages to sad-tab all of my tabs in Chrome! (I'm guessing it's the unicode in the title element being rendered in the tab list doing it.)

• David M.A. says:

Ah, correction: Not all tabs, but it and its neighbors. Powerful stuff! I thought those processes were completely separated.

• The UI is in its own process.

• Joey says:

Each site (the details are probably a bit more complicated and have to do with JS somehow) lives in a separate process, so it can happen that several tabs are affected when one goes down.

3. Had no problem with the OS X client, neither with Chrome.

4. MattK says:

Breaks YoruFukurou too.

5. Kyzer says:

The tweet in question is U+0488 COMBINING CYRILLIC HUNDRED THOUSANDS SIGN twenty-four times in a row, followed by U+036B COMBINING LATIN SMALL LETTER M and nineteen other combining latin small letters. There's then one space (U+0020) and the whole thing is repeated again twice.

6. Ratty says:

Sadly, Twitter don't seem to support OSX any more, so there may never be a fix released.

7. pavel says:

I thought the singular was "twat"?

8. b4d says:

On iOS Twitter client it takes a lot of time to load every single tweet :D Also, on chrome it crashes my closest tabs...

9. Leolo says:

There are horrors lurking in the depths of the Unicode tables no mortal man must know, least their sanity shrivel at nothingness as would grapes, left in the desert sun.