Some things that I know are busted, that I could really use some help with:
- On iOS, when you click on a "time" number it often just starts at the beginning anyway instead of seeking there. I don't know how to fix this. I tried setting a timer and retrying (see the code) but I can't tell how to determine when whatever-it-is-that-isn't-loaded is finally loaded.
- When you're using the Flash backend instead of the HTML5 backend, seeking doesn't seem to work. Maybe this is a limitation of the jQuery Flash player?
- On the top level webcast page, the DNA Radio link plays fine, but there's no metadata. It should be showing you the title of the song that is currently playing. I guess jPlayer just doesn't do that at all? Is there any sane workaround for this?
- If jPlayer doesn't implement this, I guess they're in good company, because as far as I can tell, iTunes 10 has also dropped support for Icecast/Shoutcast-style metadata. It used to work, now it doesn't.
Playing DNA Radio in VLC shows the song titles as the songs change; playing it in iTunes just always shows "DNA Lounge Radio". (I assume VLC will drop support for this some time next week, just to keep up.)
It used to be that iTunes did not send the icy-metadata header but would accept that style of metadata anyway if you replied with icy-metaint (which is what I had been doing), but now doing that just gets you audio glitches and no metadata, so it seems like they just deleted that code. Nice.
If there's a way to get iTunes to show you the individual track names in an audio stream, I'd love to hear it. Or even an example of it working.
Update: Oh! I forgot to mention:
- The "seek" slider is unclickable on iOS. I assume there's some z-index nonsense that needs to happen, but I can't figure it out.