Wrigley Co. Uses Bestiality to Sell Skittles

And John Nolte doesn't like it one bit:

Pay special attention to the thoroughly disgusting sound effects.

You can laugh and say it's just a joke, but through a war of inches, Hollywood continues its assault to define deviancy down and to normalize destructive behavior. Humor is an excellent way to get us used to and to take the shock value out of something hideous and immoral.

If you don't think there's an agenda behind this, you haven't been paying attention the last 40 years. And if you don't think that there are those who hold the levers of power in our popular culture that would like to remove the stigma from bestiality, you don't understand the depths of sexual depravity the human animal is capable of.

I used to laugh at loud at the term "slippery slope."

Then I grew up.

But I am at least old enough to remember when our culture wanted to protect a woman's dignity, not degrade women under the guise of "liberation" and "equality."

Oh yeah, baby, you've come a real long way.

Previously, previously, previously, previously, previously, previously, previously.

Scene missing! A video that used to be embedded in this post has disappeared. If you know of a copy of this video that is still accessible, please mail me so that I can update the link.
Tags: , , , ,

1. Why is she making out with Jamie from myth busters?

2. I don't think Jamie is that fat. This looks more like Wilford Brimley.

3. John Bloom says:

Is it just me, or does the blonde seem kinda drunk or high or something?

4. NelC says:

So, going by the Internet theory that those who rail the most against a particular 'deviancy' are those who are most tempted by it, what does this tell us about John Nolte?

5. pavel_lishin says:

Ok, one last thing, and then I promise I'm done commenting all up and down this blog post: Futurama did it.

(Ride the walrus.)

6. Bob says:

Skittles is pretty much famous for their creepy commercials.

My personal favorite is this one about feet.

7. avogadro says:

walrus or not, the idea of wrong-colored candies is pretty great.

8. Perry says:

Anything that pisses off prudes is good by me. I demand more walrusexuals in ads!

9. Tom Lord says:

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that this ad is a sly literary reference to and feminist reimagining of Leia in chains with Jabba the Hut.

10. skreidle says:

I think the uproar is a rather sizable overreaction to yet another bizarre Skittles commercial, but man, is there a supertroll in the comments. (He repeatedly asserts that animals are simple property, and should have no protections of any kind under the law, as they have no rights, because they're not humans, which means that bestiality and animal abuse should not be illegal, even though they're morally abhorrent and psychologically deviant, but that shouldn't matter in the eyes of the law. Or something.)

• mjfgates says:

If he used the phrase "The animal consents by not walking away," I know that guy personally. Interesting person.

• skreidle says:

No, no -- his "logic" was more along the lines of "animals can't understand the concept of consent (nor any other logic or problem-solving or higher-level thought, (because I've clearly studied nothing of animal psychology)), therefore they can't not consent, so consent is not an issue. Also, parallels between "humans slaves as property" and "animals as property are spurious, because I say so."