Ghosts With Shit Jobs

I just watched Jim Munroe's movie, Ghosts With Shit Jobs, and it is amazing! You should watch it immediately.

I donated to the Kickstarter so I got the 720p download, which was a pretty cool way to do it. "Hey, the movie's finished. Here's your copy." It's nice living in the future -- at least until the Chinese repossess The Cloud.

I think the "human spammer" was my favorite segment.

Tags: , , , , ,

1. Patrick Yeon says:

Have you watched The Corporation? Half-decent movie, but there's an interview or two with people who's actual job is human spammer, at least as far as I can tell from this trailer.

2. Scott Robinson says:

Is there a way to pay to download? I see the purchase [physical media] option.

3. Angel Ortega says:

I initially thought it was a documentary on working for Steve Jobs.

4. C. says:

I wrote asking about download options for those of us who hadn't heard of this until after the Kickstarter closed. His response:

> It's coming out on iTunes in Nov-Dec as a digital download and rental. We
    > made a deal with our partners that we'd only make the download available
    > via the Kickstarter campaign -- sorry you missed it! The other formats are
    > totally DRM/region free and rippable though, and all the money goes
    > directly to us.

Of course, for those of us who don't use Mac or Windows, Itunes isn't an option. I didn't really want to buy Yet Another USB Flash Drive That I Don't Need ... but I guess that's the only option.

C.

• Gabriel Rosenkoetter says:

Hey, if that's what they deal they've got to cut to get thing pressed and shipped, it seems like a small price to pay, if a bit near-sighted on their production company's part.

Personally, I went with the DVD: ripping it's not really that big a deal, and then I can take the DVD along to, say, the parents' house and have it Just Work on their regular old TV.

5. Gabriel Rosenkoetter says:

Er, "if that's the deal they've got to cut".

6. boinkor.net/ says:

I bought it from their website on a USB bracelet (!) in 1080p x264(!), and it is really amazing. Probably the best movie I've seen this year.