I have fallen down a "Gold Guns Girls" hole.

I seem to have been listening to this song on repeat for an hour now. I recommend that you do as well.

Tags: , ,
Current Music: duh

1. Nick Lamb says:

Seems to have temporarily exorcised Call Me Maybe, but after two listens I think I'm done for now.

2. Waider says:

The album from which it derives is also generally good listening.

3. MattyJ says:

This has been on my 'Stupid songs I like' rotation for nearly a year now. Aaaaaaand now it's playing in my earbuds again.

This is by far the least embarrassing song on the list.

4. UncleBill says:

Blondie LIVES!!

5. Ben Brockert says:

Sadly Clear Channel fell down the same hole, so it's the only Metric song they ever play.

I'm sorry, you must be mistaken, because it sounds like you're talking about listening to songs on the radio, and nobody has done that since before Metric formed as a band.

• Xeno says:

I did actually try listening to this "radio" thing recently, and discovered an interesting fact. They actually pay bozos called "DJs" to interrupt the music with inane prattle. True story.

• pavel_lishin says:

I was born in Russia, but moved away when I was ten. Recently, someone recommended listening to Russian radio via streaming.

Turns out, it's just as miserable as American radio, but thanks to a new-found burst of nationalism, the very first song I heard was some poppy take on the Russian anthem. It was like listening to a soviet version of American Idol.

• phuzz says:

BBC Radio 6Music. Eff Tee Double-U.
        Their motto is, if you don't like what's playing now, you'll probably like what's on next. And because it's the beeb, there's no adverts, well, except a few for other BBC stuff, but nothing compared to commercial radio.
        Also TripleJ in Australia is pretty good (and equally no adverts).

• Jon says:

DAB (UK-only digital) or Online (IP-restricted UK only) only. Still good though. Sadly mostly still playlist driven for the daily shows, so whilst the playlist is pretty good, it still gets repetitive.

• phuzz says:

I'm pretty sure non UK people can listen live on the internet, it's just iPlayer they're barred from, and IP blocking is hardly foolproof.

6. kkrv says:

Metric songs would be better with a vocalist who can belt it out. She sounds like she needs to sit down for a minute.

7. trollop says:

This is my favorite song by them. It's been out a while though. Could it be I discovered something before you? surely not.

8. Alchemist says:

Good song.

Seek: the hypnotic acoustic version
    Destroy: the Mike Shinoda remix