DNA Lounge update

DNA Lounge update, wherein the web site gets a big overhaul.
Tags:

1. Enid says:

Firefox 9.0.1, normal font size -- overhanging zip code

The calendar looks great, really readable as well as graphically interesting.

Well, fuck. It does not overlap for me in Firefox on Mac, default everything. The left column is sized to be 13.5em wide, which was the right size for that text in every browser I have...

I guess you're getting a different font than I am.

I don't think there's any way to make this work without hardcoding the width of that column. I tried.

2. the hatter says:

All looks fine to me in Opera (11.6, OS X).

the hatter

3. badc0ffee says:

I'm seeing the overhang on Firefox 9 as well. (For what it's worth, IE9 has the same issue).

Looks fine on Chrome 16.0 on Windows.

4. Christopher says:

None of the "Share" calendar links seem to work just now; they all give "unparsable event UID".

Thanks, fixed. Though I'm not sure if the Yahoo API I was using is gone, or just down at the moment. Does anyone know? Also can someone try out the "Export to Google" link and let me know if that works?

• pawliger says:

Export to Google mostly works. Date, time, title, location, all work. The event Description is truncated to 369 octets including the [...], not sure where. Example: the event description for Hubba Hubba (which has a lengthy description) ends with:

"The Official Edwardian Ball Weekend Opening Night Jubilee!

Featuring performance [...]"

Yeah I discovered empirically (when I did this years ago) that it failed if the GET url was longer than 700ish bytes, so I truncate it on my end.

• Ignore previous reply. :(

5. Still too green. ;^P

6. Louis says:

There's a cool hack to prevent the Facebook and G+-overlords from tracking people across the web, a site made the "Like" button grey, and the user had to click on it before the Facebook-IFRAME is loaded and the button turns blue and is activated: http://adland.tv/content/heise-creates-two-click-facebook-button-avoid-traffic-tracking-facebook-peeved

I guess this info is perfectly timed, huh.