Pigface

I am really missing Pigface today. They were, by my careful calculations, The World's Last Industrial Band.

Unfortunately, all of the available live videos of them seem to suck.
So here's some Crash Worship, too.

Tags: , , ,

1. Andermetc says:

If you don't have it already, the '90/96' DVD is a decent substitute for an actual Pigface show. It's essentially a re-issue of 'Glitch' and 'Son of Glitch,' with a few pieces of bonus footage tacked on as extras.

2. Luke Lathrop says:

I always thought of pigface as every industrial band jumbled together.

3. Don Kasak says:

Pigface put on some damn good shows when I lived in Chicago. One of Jim Ellison's last appearances happened at an encore of a Pigface show when he wandered onstage, drunk out of his gourd, and jammed along with 20+ people to "Suck." On another front, any band who can dedicate a song to Newcastle Ale can't be all that bad.

• Jon says:

> On another front, any band who can dedicate a song to Newcastle Ale can't be all that bad.

Oh, I didn't know that, cool. (typing from Newcastle upon Tyne).

The brewery has recently moved out of Newcastle and to Tadcaster (nowhere near Newcastle). Alas, it should probably be called "Tadcaster Brown Ale" now.

4. pavel_lishin says:

I think Pigface may have been responsible for my love of the industrial genre. I'd say about half of my college memories have a Pigface soundtrack, and I still randomly mumble METHAMPHEEEETAMIIIIIINES on the subway on days when I take my ADD drugs. (It's every day. I am that guy.)

5. grey says:

Missing crash worship perform is still one of my great regrets for missed acts.