Facebook Places

Dear Lazyweb, can you explain how I merge this "Page" and this "Places Page" into a single page? There is supposed to be a "Merge with existing Page" link somewhere, but I can't find it. I'm an admin of both pages.

I accomplished this once before, with the DNA Lounge pages, but now I can't figure out how to repeat the trick.

Tags: , ,

1. Travis Roy says:

I believe that was a temporary thing and they removed it. They did the same with groups as well. There was a month or two where you could turn an old group into a new "page" but after that time the feature was gone.

Well how the fuck are you supposed to turn a "page" into a "place" then? The email I got from Facebook four days ago, when they accepted my "Claim Place" request, says:

"In addition, if you would like to merge your Place with an existing Page that you admin, visit your Place page and click the Profile icon on the left side. Next, scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Merge with existing Page." Follow the instructions that appear. Please note that it is not possible to merge multiple Places with a single Page."

But like I said, that link doesn't seem to exist anywhere.

2. Sorry about the out-of-date docs! I've requested that they be updated, and that the new Pages UI add this option again (looks like it just went missing).

I've merged the Fan Page and Place Page you mentioned.

Awesome, thank you!

Hey, here's a question maybe you know the answer to... There's a "like" button on dnalounge.com, but there's also the dnalounge Facebook page, and they aren't the same number of "likes", which seems weird. I also have entries for both "www.dnalounge.com" and "DNA Lounge" on my Insights page. Is there some way to merge the two of those? Or is that not the done thing?

• The dnalounge.com "Like" button uses the Open Graph, which is separate from Facebook Fan Pages.

You can either pass the URL of your facebook.com fan page in the 'href' parameter of that button, or take a look at the Like Box for a more full-featured interface:

As far as merging Open Graph Pages and Fan Pages, I'm sure it's possible, but I haven't done it myself. Let me know if you want to do this merge!

Well, I don't want to merge the Graph page and the Fan page if that's a crazy thing to do, or if I'm the only person in the world to ever have tried it... I don't want to break things. Is it really not the done thing?

Also: I stumbled across another "DNA Lounge" page, which seems to be the page of "DNA Lounge as an employer"? I don't know how this got created. Is it possible to merge that one into the real one?

• I chatted with the Facebook Pages team -- it sounds like the "Merge with existing Page" feature was temporarily disabled due to a bug. It'll be coming back soon.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

• Erica Schmitt says:

Do you have any idea if this is correct or when it will be fixed? We're wondering if it's something that has to do with our pages instead of a facebook problem. Could this be possible? Our facebook page &/or place is Jasper 8 Theatres

Thanks!

• I'm trying to merge "Tuttimelon Modesto" places with the "Tuttimelon Modesto" Page. Can you help?

• Sweet, is this going to be re-implemented for us peons soon? we have a 'quelab' place and group too.