High school English teacher Natalie Munroe has been suspended after writing insulting comments about students, parents and other teachers on her public blog.
In January Munroe wrote a long post describing the comments she wished she could enter on her students' evaluations, noting at the outset that she was "being a renegade" and blogging at work.
Among the 39 barbs she listed:
- I hear the trash company is hiring.
- I called out sick a couple of days just to avoid your son.
- Rude, beligerent [sic], argumentative fuck.
- Just as bad as his sibling. Don't you know how to raise kids?
- Asked too many questions and took too long to ask them. The bell means it's time to leave!
- Nowhere near as good as her sibling. Are you sure they're related?
- Shy isn't cute in 11th grade; it's annoying. Must learn to advocate for himself instead of having Mommy do it.
- Am concerned that your kid is going to come in one day and open fire on the school. (Wish I was kidding.)
Munroe concluded: "These comments, I think, would serve me well when filling out the cards. Only, I don't think parents want to hear these truths. Thus, the old addage [sic] ... if you don't have anything nice to say ... say 'cooperative in class.' "
The cache of her (deleted) blog is here. Note the comment where one of her former students shows up and says she was the worst teacher he's ever had!