I'm on a boat^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H in a Zeppelin!

Tags: , , ,

1. netik says:

I have to wonder why an insurance company would advertise on the side of a zeppelin, though.

2. elusis says:

Of course you are.

3. ultranurd says:

I like that there's a truck whose sole purpose is to tow it around on that mast.

4. strspn says:

That USB typewriter conversion place sells conversion kits, too.

• gryazi says:

Y'know, this would be a great app for that acoustic eavesdropping technique, and there's probably some sort of general-purpose software that can just be 'trained' for it by now. Microphone + typewriterd, anyone?

That was also supposed to give us plonk-a-sonar-mic-on-the-desk-and-tap-like-a-keyboard keyboards, though [as in 'laser keyboards that wouldn't suck'] and I haven't seen any of those around.

• strspn says:

General surface keyboards based on multiple microphones and speed of sound triangulation? What a great idea! Where did you learn of them?

• gryazi says:

Just went looking for this post. Man, it was Slashdot/maybe-here material from somewhere between 2000 and now. The single-microphone eavesdropping technique continues to generate papers as people refine it.

I can't remember if the 'original' demo I'm thinking of actually required multiple mics, but that'd obviously make life simpler and more accurate.

Probably a Media Lab product but hell if I would be able to find the original link without just as much Googling as you'd need.

5. skreidle says:

You know you can purchase rides around the bay on it?

Alternately, you can enter a sweepstakes to win a ride for two on it (plus transportation/lodging/etc. to get there, if you happen to not be local) through Farmers' Facebook page.

6. zapevaj says:

How very steampunk of you.