dnalounge update

DNA Lounge update, wherein the Entertainment Commission is under fire again.
Tags:

1. holywar says:

You bring up some very valid questions as to where fault lies for specific things, etc., but are they getting brought up in a forum where they have to be answered? I'm cognizant of the way things work and realize someone can't just stand up in a random hearing and shout "I object!", but has there even been a setting where these points can be brought up and someone has to answer to them? If not, how does it get to that point, if at all?

Well, the Entertainment Commission has been amazingly bad at defending themselves politically and in the press. If they were better at politics, all of these one-sided articles would not have gone un-answered.

• nothings says:

Wow, I finally poked into the press clippings page, and it's shocking how one-sided (as you say in this comment) they actually are. The one thing that didn't come through in the original post was that nobody else out there even seems to be aware of this stuff. I hadn't realized that your page is (seemingly) the sole voice of reason out there...

E.g.

So, given that the EC had no authority to issue citations, and SFPD did, why did [the SFPD] issue no citations to the club ever?

That's a good question, and moreover why isn't this in the press clippings? I mean, I know why. Sigh. I guess I don't see any reason newspapers shouldn't die, if this is the quality of their coverage. Not that that helps anyone.

Killing off the EC for not doing the thing they weren't empowered to do and giving the power "back" to the SFPD even though they weren't using the power they already had -- that's batshit crazy logic. Why do reporters not care at all? Blah.

2. baconmonkey says:

please, please, please send this off to "letters to the editor" at several papers.

also, has thee been any talk of anyone filing complaints or lawsuits against SFPD/Dudley for their admitted willful negligence re: never citing Suede?

• mysterc says:

The nob hill neighborhood and merchants association is threatening/discussing this as an option of last resort. I have it on good authority that they are hesitant to "attack" SFPD, because they got such "great response" to "issues in north beach."

3. lindseykuper says:

I was going to say something curmudgeonly about the Watchmen "motion" "comic" or whatever it is that they call that thing, but I can't muster any curmudge about that at all, because, well, like you say, politics with people's lives.