videos

Please enjoy (what has been retconned to be) jwz mixtape 086.

Tags: , ,
Current Music: as noted.

1. I love Jessica Rabbit and want to be re-visit earth as her. I also love Joshua Tree. This installation, however, seems to be infected by burners...

HEY, I didn't know Princess Superstar was the dumb behind the Bad Babysitter song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqNgAlMLjhk

(Now just you guess who exposed me to THAT one.)

2. ncdhole says:

You enrich my internet experience. Thank you.

3. gths says:

Yessss the Prisencolinensinainciusol (alright!) one.

The others are pretty fab too, as usual

Apparently that video is from 1972! I've said it before and I'll say it again, I periodically check my television listings for the "Italian variety shows of the 70s and 80s channel" and keep not finding it.

• ultranurd says:

The Italian variety show "OLLRIGH" thing is interesting. I wonder if you could do that kind of phonetic set gibberish for other languages/musical styles, or just that American English lends itself well to that?

I liked the visual style of the What the Funk one, but the sound didn't grab me at all. I don't normally like rap interludes, but the faux 3-D look of the Yuksek one was pretty cool.

The multi-girl videos reminded me of the new-ish Chromeo one "Night by Night": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppNC0uAaCv0

(I know, I'm weeks behind. I had to watch curling!)

4. jered says:

I'm finding just going through the Kitsune artists lists has been very effective for new music discovery.... I liked "Divisive" above and found that I already have some We Have Band on Kitsune Maison Compilation 7. Golden Filter, Two Door Cinema Club, Chew Lips, HeartsRevolution... they pretty much have everyone.

BTW, the new Chew Lips LP, "Unicorn", is pretty good but may not be your style. Check it out. Some of the above artists that I don't think you've posted before (smack me down if I'm wrong):

5. strspn says:

Based on my sample of "most of them but not all and I forget which of them exactly" this is my favorite set so far. All I can think to add is a PSA:

6. ultranurd says:

(I know, I'm weeks behind. I had to watch curling!)