iamamiwhoami

iamamiwhoami

As someone said in this thread,

I sometimes wonder, if William Gibson hadn't predicted in Pattern Recognition that people would obsess over short, cryptic videos online, would people still obsess over short, cryptic videos online? I know that for my part I can't really get into that kind of obsession because I always feel like I'm a character in Pattern Recognition when I'm looking at them.
Tags: , ,
Current Music: as noted

1. Nice. I'd like to hear more of it.
    So far, it sounds/looks most like Karin Dreijer Andersson to me.

2. fengi says:

In my dreams, it's Britney Spears. I have a long term fantasy that she - on her own or under the influence of someone - takes an artsy left turn because, why not?

3. mcity says:

I've thought the exact same thing as that metafilter poster.

4. boyofish says:

...when the strawberry cake appeared.

And it can't be an American pop star, as the lower set of teeth are slightly crooked.

5. jmtd says:

Whoever it is, they're channelling Elizabeth Fraser.

6. baconmonkey says:

the Cremaster Cycle and Begotten got together and had some babies.

7. luserspaz says:

I guess everyone will be disappointed when it just turns out to be viral marketing for some big corporation.

Not me. I don't care whether it's Pepsi or Old Spice Britney Spears or whichever corporate-bimbo-makeover everyone seems to want to believe that it is. The videos are cool. Money was spent on interesting art. Good for them.

8. calience says:

My boss just sat here, staring at these with me. When it popped up the sperm whale, he suddenly cried out, "NO SHIT!" I immediately demanded what he meant, what I'd missed, because it wasn't adding up for me, and he was just blinked, then said, "It's the only thing that makes sense." WHAT?