NOT GAY.

Yelp reviewer Chris T. from Gilroy really wants you to know that he is NOT GAY. TOTALLY NOT GAY.

Chris T.'s Review of DNA Lounge

Went on Saturday night for a straight friend's birthday for the Bootie SF event here. $6 before 10PM, $12 after 10PM. We paid $12.

No one sent me the memo that even though this club is in SOMA, it's pretty much half gay (thought all those venues were reserved for The Castro). So we ended up seeing half naked gay guys with no shirts on making out with each other and licking each others nipples on the dance floor. Hopefully I don't have too many nightmares from this night or have this night contribute to any future psychotherapist bills.

But yeah, had 1 unisex bathroom upstairs, and a guy and girl bathroom downstairs. 1 bar downstairs, 2 bars upstairs. All bars were cash only I believe.

And I thought it was kinda funny that my friend's reserved table section upstairs was located next to a bunch of 6' tall gay bald white biker guys.

Music for the night consisted of 80s music, mash-up, electro, and a live band.

Not really my type of crowd, but was an interesting experience.

Too bad I didn't get to taste the hype of that Crepe place (food truck) across the street from here that everyone kept talking about (Crepes A Go Go).

This place is also located within walking distance to Holy Cow, Slim's, Club Icon, Mist (formerly Loft 11), and some other spots.

Thought it was funny that when I was smoking outside I saw one of my friend's gay guy friends get carried out the club by the bouncers for being too damn drunk.

People thought this was: Useful (2) Cool (1)

Previously.

Tags: , , , ,
Current Music: Devo -- Jocko Homo ♬

1. xenogram says:

I was shocked, SHOCKED, to hear of this kind of behaviour in a night club in San Francisco.

2. lilmissnever says:

Why can't those gays just stay in the Castro, where they belong?

3. giles says:

If only you didn't serve alcohol. That'd fix all the gay nipple licking.

4. mc_kingfish says:

Sounds like somebody was getting currrrrious!

5. 0ntological says:

*GASP* HE has a friend who has a gay guy as a friend?

6. dasht says:

Got his number? Just for on the down-low. He could use some room to explore and, hell, who doesn't enjoy a bit of nipple play now and again. Who's yr daddy, kid?

There are a million stories like his in Ess Eff. It's the whole land-of-oz theme. In a month he'll get busted on the Tenderloin for turning tricks. "Hey, Dorothy, think this is Kansas?" Come to think of it, he's probably *really* some floppy-assed ol' queen trying to do you a favor... It's all in code. 50% gay club. Make out all you like. The toilets are only so-so for on the fly sex so be ready to take your hook-up back to your room. Oh, wait: I just used "really" in relation to yelp so, obviously I'm just making stuff up.

Seriously, no straight guy embeds a comment about the restrooms in something like that. And "Not his type of crowd" means he failed to hook up.

-t

7. scottreyns says:

not even 2% (rounding up from 1.53% keyword density), by dog!

8. msjen says:

Best phrase: "Taste the hype." Um, yeah.

9. chuck_lw says:

Tell him to relax -- inform him that at least a third of those guys are Republicans, and are so totally NOT gay outside the club.

10. ammonoid says:

Sounds injurous to public morals.

11. ekesobriquet says:

Chris T.'s review of Best Western Civic Center Motor Inn:

Went here after going to DNA Lounge.

No one sent me the memo that even though this motel is in SOMA, the room I was in was pretty much full gay (thought all those places were reserved for The Castro). So we ended up seeing half naked gay guys with no shirts on making out with each other and licking each others nipples on the beds. Hopefully I don't have too many nightmares from this night or have this night contribute to any future psychotherapist bills.

But yeah, had 1 unisex bathroom where I watched more gay men licking body parts.

And I thought it was kinda funny that my video camera was located next to a bunch of 6' tall gay bald white biker guys.

Music for the night consisted of 80s music, mash-up, electro, and a lot of moaning.

Not really my type of crowd, but was an interesting experience.

Too bad I didn't get to taste the hype of that Craig guy (aka the food truck) that everyone kept talking about.

Thought it was funny that when I was smoking outside I saw one of my friend's gay guy friends get carried in by the biker guys for being too damn drunk.

12. pixel_juice says:

LAME.

1) "Not really my type of crowd, but was an interesting experience." What exactly is his type of crowd? I see cowboy hats in his past.

2) Who asked him anyway?

2009 and there's still someone surprised to see gay people at a nite club. I hope they didn't tarnish the buckles on his shoes and big hat. (Get it? Puritan? Pilgrim? Oh nevermind).

• vordark says:

I see cowboy hats in his past.

Please don't do this. I wear such a hat all the time. I also fish, hunt, camp and watch football. I'm also openly bi-sexual and have never met anyone that had a problem with it.

It's a stereotype that should die as much as any other.

13. n_by_nw says:

Yes, but which half is gay? This is why yelp is so USELESS!

14. ammitbeast says:

I can't resist. Followed Chris T.'s profile link and found...

"I think I like this BJ's a little better than the 1 in Cupertino next to Apple."

(Yes, I'm evil.)