And people say I'm hard to shop for...

Tags: , ,

1. ekesobriquet says:

What do you get for the firebreathing robot overlord who has everything?

No, really, I need to know.

• editer says:

The playground at the park when I was quite young had a similar structure in the form of a rocket ship. At the time I thought it was totally cool, but now I see I was deluded. Robot FTW.

• artistbyday says:

Woah! a park playground we went to occasionally as a elementary school kids had this (exact model?) robot with the slide; I remember you could go up in his head too. As a kid I remember this thing being HUGE, though.

• taffer says:

I love how it looks like a robotic prison with slides.

• ultranurd says:

One of the parks when I was little had one of these. I was convinced I'd get my head stuck between the bars and get trapped, but I liked how high off the ground you could get in the head.

2. mc_kingfish says:

Oh nice going. Now it's not going to be a surprise.

3. sol3 says:

Haha! I was there for that. We got to Roppongi and wandered around a bit, and when I saw the robot standing there, my first comment to my friends was "I wonder when that thing starts to spit fire and stomp on all the kids here?" Less than five minutes later it was spitting fire. Alas, there was no child stomping to be had. I should've demanded my money back.

(Feeling too lazy and jetlagged to get my pics from that night uploaded/linked)

4. lafinjack says:

From the Akira cutting room floor.

5. nathanrsfba says:

You're not hard to shop for. You're just expensive to shop for.

6. As I said over on Gawker:

Casper, the fire-breathing ghost,
    The fiery-est ghost you know.
    Though grown-ups might
    Look at him with fright,
    The children all love him so.

He always says hello (Hello),
    and he's really glad to meetcha.
    Wherever he may go,
    He blows up every living creature.

Grown-ups don't understand
    Why children love him the most.
    But kids all know
    That he loves them so,
    Casper the fire-breathing ghost.

7. waider says:

I always wondered what the body of that baby-head-made-of-metal-bees in Matrix 3 would look like.

8. ultranurd says:

As long as it's not hooked up to this mad science brain-machine interface chair we'll be fine, right?