Who's going to SXSW?

I'm going to SXSW this year, and I haven't been before. If I know you in real life, follow me.

What are you looking forward to seeing?

Tags: , ,

1. pixel_juice says:

I live in Austin, but I don't know if I'm attending anything this year.

2. defenestr8r says:

i'm emailing you and the rest of the people i know who are going so you know how to reach one another.

3. sooper_rizzn says:

We don't know each other IRL, but I've been following your writings since whenever it was I got rid of Mosaic and installed Netscape in the 90s.

4. heresiarch says:

netik put the idea in my head to go. what does that actually involve?

• heresiarch says:

hm, apparently more money than i can spare. how do i get corporate sponsorship? :D

• placeslost says:

You can do a ton for free. Most of the bands play non-sanctioned shows during the day that don't cost anything, plus most have free booze. Although, I'm guessing getting to Austin and having a place to stay would probably be a big part of the investment.

• pavel_lishin says:

There's cheap-ish places to stay. Plus I'm pretty sure you could walk into a random hippie's house and pass out on the couch, and nobody would even realize you're a new addition.

5. matt_od says:

I was daydreaming about it just last night, but sadly don't have the funds to pull it off this year. If you don't already have accommodations arranged, I highly recommend checking out craigslist. A lot of Austinites appear to put their apartments up for rent during the festival. Sure to be much cheaper than a hotel (if you could even still find a room at this date).

6. mysterc says:

I miss the days when that was in SF...

7. option12 says:

I live hear and I still haven't been able to go! Are you going movies or music? Their is also conference style talks. I have a friend who has done one the last few years on video compression.

8. decibel45 says:

If you like food that is really hotcomes from inside an active volcano, you should check out nucleartacos, which will be Monday night, probably starting around 6:30PM, if for no other reason than it's hosted by a bunch of geeks.

9. fantasygoat says:

I will be one of the exhibitors at Flatstock 20, selling my posters. I highly recommend taking a spin through and checking it out.

They don't have the profiles for this year up but here's mine from last year.

10. cavorite says:

I should be working on something to do with Interactive, at least one of the after-parties. I'll post more details when I know.

11. djverablue says:

i may be going with the owners of my bar (their band is playing), to take photos and whatnot.

however i cant seem to find a list of the bands playing on the website...what noteworthy bands are playing?