yer mom. tonight.

I have just been informed that Say Hi To Your Mom are playing tonight at Bottom of the Hill!

(Thus continuing my trend of being moderately well informed of new music, but crappily informed of when said musicians are playing locally. Oh internets, why must you fail me so.)

Tags: , ,

1. msjen says:

Yeah, you'd think there would be an easier way to find these things out.

Thanks to your mixtapes, I know I don't like them, but at least it is because of you that I even know who they are. :)

2. lnghnds says:

You're not using sonicliving? It's like tourb.us but actually useful. And it will snarf the bands you listen to from itunes and tell you when they're playing.

I hadn't been, because I assumed it wasn't any better than last.fm or tourb.us. Guess I'll give it a try too. Send in the clones.

3. belgand says:

Blast and I was looking for something to do tonight. I find that whenever something is happening that I'd be interested in doing I only find out about it the next morning at 3 AM.

4. dammit, i actually would have gone to this with you, had i been there. if for no other reason than to purchase a t-shirt with the greatest band name ever on it.

5. romulusnr says:

This has been a beef of mine for a decade. Why is there no system that can alert you when a band on a personalized predefined list is playing near you? Where such list is not limited to last week's top 40.

6. vonnieda says:

Have you tried JamBase? You can upload your iTunes library and it sucks out all the band names, then you can set up alerts for your area and get emails and such. I've been using it for quite a while and it seems pretty good. they might not know of some of the more eclectic stuff but I've had really good luck with it. They also have a handy Google Calendar widget that lets you get a nice, simple view of who's playing near you on a daily basis.

Of course, now that I've typed that out I bothered to look up Say Hi on JamBase and while they are listed, there are no shows listed. C'est la vie.