dnalounge update

DNA Lounge update, wherein you've spoiled it for everybody.
Tags: , ,

1. strspn says:

I don't buy this puritanical crap. Studies show that clean living involves suprisingly large amounts of sex (meta http equiv refresh-as-slideshow abomination, 10-over-three-pages abomination). We need more cost-benefit analyses based on empirical research. We can't have exhausted all of the possible means of birth control or all the ways to make sex safer and more pleasurable at the same time, for example.

That sounds like something Hitler would say.

• strspn says:

Is the reason for prurient interest not puritanism? The benefits we gained from the da Vinci-era Enlightenment are in a struggle with censorship, on many measurable levels.

Would it be ethical for musicians to support themselves by using an attractive band member (in this case, let's say a female) who is not actually playing instruments or singing, in order to increase their pull and publicity? Would that not depend in turn on the quality of the music?

Lip syncing is widely condemned because it has the chance to go spectacularly wrong. But what about the case where a so-so band is facing the decision as to whether to put an attractive female in a position, where, for example, she might be appearing to play an instrument which may also occur in a recorded track, and would have the option to be replaced with the recorded background track?

2. greatevil says:

Try running sound side stage at summer concerts... you get the worst of the crack and then get to feel double extra bad for the people in the front row who also get full effect. And sadly the boss told me I couldn't kick them in the head.

New DNA policy: if you bring a DSLR into the venue you must check your keys. In order to get your keys back you need to dump your memory card. Don't like it? No camera.

::EDIT::
    This is obviously too much work to be a real suggestion. I just say kick the repeat offenders who you recognize in the nuts.

3. mc_kingfish says:

I love you for all time, just because of the term, "Dirty Santas."

4. homodachi says:

Awesome decision. I hope there's an exception in that rule for your photos though.

5. violentbloom says:

Clearly I haven't been to hubba hubba recently. That sounds really creepy. I have been there to other events and seen the same type of thing. Or been elbowed out of the way for someone to get their perfect shot of the go-go dancer.