dnalounge update

DNA Lounge update, wherein the beach-head is secured.
Tags:

1. pfrank says:

awesome. sounds like it all went very well. Congrats!

2. sparklydevil says:

hooray!

gotta love the enthusiasm the youngins bring. it's so refreshing.

3. 0ntological says:

Last night was one of the best nights I've had there, ever.

I'm so proud of you for sticking it out and making this happen, and of all our managers. We are gonna rock this all ages thing!

4. Cute lil' kiddies with wristbands! HOORAY!!!!!!

5. fantasygoat says:

Congratulations Jamie. You earned it.

6. fo0bar says:

I know you're excited, but this has been nagging at me for awhile... Isn't this the same upstanding prime demographic who will tag your bathroom mirrors and throw various sign-related things with their hands?

7. aris1234 says:

Are under 21's profitable for the club seeing as how you cannot sell them liquor - or does the door charge cover the profits for the evening?

Are you still able to sell liquor to the over 21+ crowd on an all ages event?

• I imagine they can still buy food from the kitchen, too.

• lanikei says:

i can't say for sure, but i think all ages shows are also an investment in the future. not only do the underaged bring in their 21+ friends, but they also come back when they CAN drink and spend money. not to mention the fact that a packed show makes the venue more appealing for both audience members and bands.

i live in balt/DC and it doesn't have much for under-21 anymore, and i think it has had a HUGE impact on our goth scene. if you can't see your favorite bands live and can't enjoy the music or the clubs, you don't feel like part of the community. subcultures can really suffer from a lack of new blood.

8. whittles says:

So Very Awesome.
    I'm excited for you guys and for the bands that will come through.

9. all the work played off. I was glad that it went so smooth.

10. redshrike says:

congratulations and thank you.