I, for one, welcome our new oxygen-deficient yet still fashionable overlords.

Exhibit B:

Previously.

Tags: , , ,

1. perligata says:

Normally I would say that Gareth Pugh never disappoints, but I am sad there were no box-headed ladies this year.

2. grahams says:

Does all future fashion converge on Nomi?

3. lafinjack says:

It's nice to see that "weird shit" is back in style.

Where are people wearing stuff like this, though? Outside the runway, that is.

• prog says:

I'm under the impression that these aren't intended for actual use. These events are more like art show openings, where the medium happens to be models and clothing.

• maxmin says:

According to his Wiki page, that's especially true for Pugh...

Though he is currently a darling of the fashion elite, Pugh claimed in March 2007 that he had yet to sell a single dress and that he struggled to make ends meet. (Until his Spring 2007 collection, his clothes were solely catwalk experiments and simply unavailable to purchase.)

• gfish says:

If only architects could express themselves in a similar way, we'd be saved a lot of really stupid buildings.

• belgand says:

Once Second Life or whatever other Metaverse equivalent gets up and going (assuming it ever does) this will likely fill the void for both architectural experiments and probably a good number of fashion experiments as well.

At the same time once architecture is divorced from the demands of engineering and is no longer of need for any actual, physical usage I'm not certain that it will remain architecture at all.

Of course, I still would ideally like to live in a large, matte black, featureless, perfectly equilateral cube.

4. dojothemouse says:

Am I stupid, or does that stuff look World of Warcraft inspired? Or both.