dnalounge update

DNA Lounge update, wherein we drink Pruno and I use the word "shitcockery" several times.
Current Music: Rocket -- Funtime ♬

1. fantasygoat says:

I followed a recipe I found online and made some Pruno once. It smelled vile but my Russian friends found it quite tasty. Basically a crappy screwdriver.

As for the sign, I'm surprised it stayed up as long as it did. Humanity at large is simply too stupid and useless to trust with fun toys.

2. Maaaaybe it could be on just for the "in-house" nights like MEAT where there's no one to insult but ourselves? PLEASE DAD PLEASSSE PLEASE.

3. nzchrisb says:

I work for a company that, amongst other things, does SMS to screen type stuff for events and tv. We get get round the shitcockery by have a moderation/approval process. Yes somebody sits the with a web page full of messages and clicks approve or reject. Painful? Very, but nobody would do events otherwise.

4. omni_ferret says:

Hey, didn't you fill that intern position within a week? You might add an update to that effect.

And I'm stunned that someone swiped a bathroom sign. I mean, it was a nifty sign, but still: a bathroom sign. This does not endear New Wave City to me.

• fu3dotorg says:

It's as classy as swiping the sun-yellowed nametag paper from inside a doorbell. - They're somewhere out there as we speak; - shitting proudly behind the sign to the sound of DNA-slipmatt'ed airwaves.

5. defenestr8r says:

i didn't realize you were a rocket-convert. yay!

and shitcockery is without a doubt the best word of the week, ousting twatwaffle from its long run at #1.

6. omni_ferret says:

Those signs were $50?

... Ah. I was going to recommend the Techshop, but the monthly pass adds up to two signs, not counting the training to use the laser cutter. After that, though, acrylic is, what, $4/square foot?

... Then I thought of the Maker Faire, but doing something DNA-related there would probably lead to unwanted fanboy attention.

Um. So. You might have local options?