mixtape 012

Please enjoy jwz mixtape 012.

Since most of you seemed more interested in my 1997 list than my 2007 list, let's start off the new year with some music that is pre-millennial.

Tags: ,
Current Music: as noted

1. spoonyfork says:

I am curious if anyone else shares my opinion of the song Angel by Massive Attack. Every time I listen to it I feel as if it is the first time I have heard it. I don't know how to describe the sensation other than it is like listening to the future. The rest of their work escapes me but I enjoy this song and the effect it has on my cognition.

• elliterati says:

I kind of feel that way about the whole Massive Attack catalog. Even listening to their stuff that's 15 years old, I feel like I'm hearing something new. They're a great mix of the organic and robotic - it's just right, not too unbalanced either way.

2. melanina says:

Ah, Concrete Blonde. Everyone makes fun of me for liking them. I met Johnette once-it was really weird. She grabbed my arm and completely randomly asked, "When were you born?" I told her my birth date, and she freaked out, realizing we had the same birthday-that she'd "had a feeling" about me. Then she insisted she had to tell Nick Cave about me, because he had our birthday, too. She's kind of crazy. And awesome.

3. telecart says:

Probably one of my favorites yet; There isn't a song here I didn't used to listen to obsessively (with exception of Jane Jensen; My Jane Jensen fixation was always BURNER).

Burner's great, but I like Comic Book Whore a lot more.

She released a new one this year called My Rockabye. It's mellow and acoustic and really doesn't do it for me.

4. houdini_cs says:

Would you mind putting the track lists to the old ones back up? I know you can't keep the MP3s up, but it would be nice to be ale to say "what was that song on number 7?"