Gee, thanks, Larry. For the "support".

"I got a rock."
Tags: ,

1. kyronfive says:

A co-worker of mine just pointed out that that thing looks like it should be advertising some way-the-fuck-in-the-middle-of-nowhere quasi-suburban track-home-filled housing division.

2. perligata says:

Huh, and I thought the creepy Beetlejuice "art" on the condo things by 3rd & Townsend was disturbing. This is much worse! At least one of those actually looks like a ghost.

(Have you seen them? They're on top of the condos next to McDonald's. I thought they were Halloween decorations at first.)

You mean where the condo's being raped by the flying robot whale? I kinda like it...

• perligata says:

I will take a picture from the roof and report back later, but maybe that's what I mean. It looks like metal sperm with eyes to me though. (And it's on the totally wrong building.)

• perligata says:

The giant space-robo-sperm looks surprisingly like the ghost costume!

• perligata says:

I know! And check out the little artistic squid thing. And the Beetlejuice chair baby! I wish I could've found another roof to stand on -- I couldn't get a good angle for the skeletal fish without nearly toppling to my death.

But um ... yeah. Way better than a rock with rewind buttons on it, no doubt.

• cje says:

is it art?

• wisn says:

Can't eat it.
              Can't sit in it.
              Can't wear it.
              Can't have sex with it.

It may as well be art.

3. ammonoid says:

So Oracle owns SOMA now?

I'm glad Oracle support is keeping SOMA in existence. I'm sure it would just disappear if Oracle didn't show up and put and handy stone in place to remind people where they are.

4. cje says:

http://links.jstor.org/sici?sici=0197-1360(200023%2F24)39%3A3%3C355%3AOOCAAT%3E2.0.CO%3B2-6 ...for covering, but in the meantime, spray epoxy and something flingable and offensive seems the best bet

• misterfister666 says:

Is it granite or concrete? I'd be inclined to give it a good slathering of HCl, etching a nice grippy surface, and then mix up a batch of 2-part epoxy coating and black dye to cover. What says "welcome to soma" better than a jet black slab of stone?

5. fantasygoat says:

Did they design it in Word or something?

• michaelkvance says:

I agree, the typography and layout is more offensive than the Oracle mention...

6. cetan says:

And here I thought Chicago was somewhat ahead of the curve in selling off public properties to private corps.

Second fiddle yet again.