This is awesome:
SurveillanceSaver is an OS X screen saver that shows about 400 live security camera videos from public accessible Axis network cameras. It shows surprising scenes from underwater pool cameras, cows in milking machines, to shopping malls and street cameras.
Tags: , , , , ,

1. bdu says:

And the 99.99% of the internet who are perverts scream for the version that has *just* the underwater pool cameras.

2. chromebishop says:

that is awesome, thanks for posting that!

3. Whoa, the first thing that makes me want a Mac :)

• jason0x21 says:

I'm sure this can be integrated into Xscreensaver without too much trouble.

• jason0x21 says:

Or maybe not, it seems like Google search is blocking webcollage with a 403 when I try and use it to search for Axis network cameras. Google Image search, which does sort of work, doesn't have the Axis network cameras. Perplexing.

Also, a quick look at the binary for the screensaver linked to above shows that it's hard-coded all the IPs for all the network cameras into the the file. Expect this to stop working in 5... 4... 3... 2...

4. jason0x21 says:

Hack for webcollage. The method is called "security_camera". I'll tune the bugs out of it if you'd like to include it.

5. Try something like if you just want to view publically accessible cameras. Although I admit it's much cooler to have the images in a screensaver. :-)

6. fredclausen says:

That would be really convenient, but I bet it's impossible.

• stolzenberg says:

If you're talking about using Google to find security cameras, it's far from impossible. There's a number of searches you can use (my favorite is allintitle:"Network Camera NetworkCamera") that will show links to different cameras. You can even pan and tilt them (on most of them), and basically control them. It's pretty neat.