REZ

Rez to return in 2008 on Xbox Live Arcade

Abstract on-rails shooter and cult hit Rez is to make a long overdue return when it hits Xbox Live Arcade in Q1 2008. Developer Q Entertainment confirmed the return of one of the Dreamcast and PlayStation 2's most critically acclaimed titles in a press release earlier today, announcing that the title would return as "Rez HD," a direct port of the original, but with high-definition visuals and 5.1 surround sound.

Scene missing! A video that used to be embedded in this post has disappeared. If you know of a copy of this video that is still accessible, please mail me so that I can update the link.
Tags: , , , ,

1. fatherbingo says:

why aren't they making this for wii? goddamnit.

• taffer says:

Same "problem" with me.

At work, we have a 360 in the Training room for lunch-related recreation. We just had the second one die via red-ring-of-death. MS, bringing the PC gaming experience to consoles!

• chronovore says:

If it's any consolation (no pun intended) they all have a 3 year warranty for the RRoD, and I hear the replacements are beginning to feature the better manufacturing method - which may allow it to run cooler.

• fo0bar says:

I bought one of the first systems with the new "Falcon" CPU last month, and it seem a lot cooler than I've heard other people describe their 360s. Hopefully...

(I'm also a consumer whore and bought the HD-DVD unit that came with Heroes season 1 HD-DVD free. It looks awesome.)

• chronovore says:

Buh! Heroes s1 on HD-DVD? Yow, that sounds pretty great.

Yeah, that Falcon CPU is what I was trying to describe. I've almost hoped for a RRoD in the hopes that my replacement unit would have the 65nm manufacturing process and, while I'm dreaming, the HDMI port instead of analog. My TV hates getting 1080p from VGA...

• taffer says:

But still, we'll be without the 360 during shipping and handling, not to mention the FUD aspect of "are the ones in stores still the old hardware"...

It's OK, I don't really want to play FPS games on a console anyway. ;-)

• chronovore says:

JOUST icon, for the win.

There are SO many more interesting games on the 360 than 1st person shooters (or 3rd person shooters, for that matter). I've just sunk 50+ hours into Viva Piñata, which is either Starcraft - Cute Version or Animal Crossing on meth. There are heaps of oldschool games which have been updated to HD content (including Joust), and some innovative games on Xbox Live Arcade.

I'm no MS fan (I'm typing this on a PowerBook), but my Xbox 360 has really put the finishing move on my Playstation AND PC gaming...

2. ladykalessia says:

And I'll ask what's on a number of other people's minds... Will they bring back the rumble pack?!

3. bdu says:

Yay, our copy for the PS2 hasn't worked in some time, and as much as I like E4, Rez was it's own creature.

4. temp_revenge says:

I was doing a lot of ecstasy when Rez first got big, so it all gets a little fuzzy when I try to remember it.

5. chronovore says:

"(I'm shocked that I can't find an animating userpic of the Rez life stages anywhere.)"

That's because the Rez obsessives can't concentrate on takin' no stinkin' screenshots once they start playing.

6. mhoye says:

I'm a little surprised that you'd own one of those.