mixtape 005

Please enjoy jwz mixtape 005.

Questions? Comments? Phrenology?

If you haven't taken the poll I posted with the last one, there's no time like the present.

Tags: ,
Current Music: as noted

1. I'm going to guess that the theme of this one is death? Or weaknesses?

2. mizalon says:

It's 11am PST on a Sunday and the mixtape is very jittery. Are there a lot of people on it right now? It's basically stuttering every half a second, which makes it unbearable. I have a reasonable download ability (1MB) so I don't think it's the size of the stream. I'm in the Phoenix area if that matters. I ran a ping command and a tracert and everything looks great otherwise.

It's working fine for me (from home, right now).

• bluknight says:

What are you using to listen, WinAmp? I've had the same problem, on a connection with plenty of bandwidth (it's great being an engineer for the cable company!). I've previously reported the issue.

I have several work-arounds. The easiest was just to listen from home via iTunes. I usually stream stuff from there to wherever I am anyway, so, it works.

3. gfish says:

I'm really enjoying these. Thanks for putting them up.

4. aris1234 says:

VLC Media player works fine with windows too.

5. wfaulk says:

May I suggest leaving the playlist information up, even if you have to remove the mp3 itself? It might be nice as a list of suggestions, even if an interested party has to hunt them down himself after the fact.

6. Regardless of the astute suggestion that mixtape 005 is filled with musicians unfamiliar with the tuning fork, I'm genuinely curious what there is to like in the Prids.

I enthusiastically enjoy a majority of the rest of the music you've put in these mixtapes (some of which is purposely amusical, as much of 5 seems to be), but I just don't understand these guys. There are countless bands whose names I haven't bothered to notice when I tuned them out playing at dive bars around Philly who sound the same to me, but you seem to like them even outside of the dystopic and self-destructive content on this mixtape.

I'm not trying to pick a fight here (I would like to actually have a conversation about music, which I seem to recall was part of why you started doing this)... but would like to know what it is about the Prids that makes them worth more than whatever hipster band I'm going to go ignore while I play pool down the street in a few minutes.

• Oh, the irony. It's not a hipster band at all. Instead, "DJ Deejay spins deep cuts, Beatles and Stones-like. Dig in to the hits and love-vibes that will doubtless envelope the JB's dance floor." At least the pool table's in a different space...

I don't know what to tell you, man; I think they're fantastic. I like the simultaneous male/female vocals, and the 1982-sounding guitar really does it for me. Your taste needs adjustment.

7. benno37 says:

Faceless Werewolves - My Weakness was fucking awesome. Best song so far.

8. omni_ferret says:

Ah, the stream's down. While it lasted, I really liked their song.

9. omni_ferret says:

That track reminded me of Mahjongg's "Hot Lava." I recommend it.