mixtape 002

Please enjoy jwz mixtape 002.
Tags: ,
Current Music: as noted

1. edlang says:

These aren't exactly the type of tunes you list in your yearly music reviews...

and thanks for the reminder of Breakbeat Era!

I beg to differ, as of those 26 bands, 9 of them (35%) have appeared in my year-end-wrap-ups (7 of them just last year), and 11 of them predate.

2. xrayspx says:

That was a fun one, it had a higher % of stuff I didn't already have, and now I've got to go shopping.

One thing I noticed that I didn't see anyone bring up in the other thread was pausing to go smoke breaks the stream. I don't know enough about streaming to know if that's technical or legal, but I figured I'd mention it.

Thanks again. If there's a coalmine, you'll find a way to be the canary in it. What's with that?

3. intoner says:

LOL @ that Garbage track....
    I have the single that it is on... phahaha..

4. gths says:

Interested to see I Heart Hiroshima on there. Seen them play a couple of times, though I wasn't really paying much attention. Looks like a pretty good selection overall, left-field picks and all.

5. louiseroho says:

This is awesome. Thank you.

6. I'm loathe to bring up technical mechanics, but I assume it's intended/WONTFIX that I can't pause and resume the stream, right? Same as the previously mentioned inability to seek in the stream? It's just that it's often tricky to block out an hour and a half of semi-active listening.

There's no way to make pausing work without also making seeking work, as they are the same mechanism. (Stop, then restart at an arbitrary point.)

• Isn't technology fun? Anyway, thanks very much for your streams, I've found something new in each one, so yay!

• jlevetin says:

Assume that because I use Windows, I have already f****d myself...

Using Media Player, I can pause for at least 10 minutes and seek what seems to be in the buffer. Stopping resets the stream.

What's up?

7. melanina says:

Working on a Sunday isn't so bad when listening to Betty Boo. You are the most awesomest.

8. strspn says:

It's like you've got a crush on the entire Lazyweb. Thanks!

9. luserspaz says:

I enjoyed this one a lot more than the first one. I didn't think our taste in music had much (if any) overlap, but this stream has a lot of songs I enjoyed. Also, after listening to both, I need to go get some Gram Rabbit.

10. baconmonkey says:

for some reason, I this makes me think you might like it

11. emtel says:

I find it really interesting that Veruca Salt was still making 90s style hard-rock in 2006. Is this a good thing or a bad? I mean, that song rocked pretty hard, but it could easily have been written in 1996...

12. zooyorkerx says:

for the legit folks streaming your mixtapes:
    right now each mixtape plays from the beginning in sequence.

can you provide an option to shuffle the playlist before streaming?
    looking at your code, seems like a reasonable thing to add to
    playlist-streamer.c: shuffle argv[3..] before looping over the files ...