dnalounge update

DNA Lounge update, wherein Homeland Security keeps us safe from Foreign Infidels.

1. mc_kingfish says:

That is New Model F'd Up!!

Thanks a lot, Osama!

2. azul_ros says:

How sad! I need to spread this news. I didn't even know it had become such a problem. :(

3. dr_memory says:

Son of a bitch. I knew without even clicking on the link that this meant that the NMA show was cancelled.

I will sleep safe tonight, knowing that the Reichssicherheitshauptamt is keeping us safe from semi-obscure British goth-punk bands.

4. fgmr says:

Jesus, a retinal scan? If I were in their shoes, I'd flat-out refuse to enter the country. "I'll be playing in this free country over here; those of you who can get exit visas are welcome to come."

• hatter says:

It's happening, both with geeks and politically aware musicians. For all the virtues of touring, vacationing or living in the US, more and more are saying "fuck this shit" because they can no longer silently endorse the system.

Me, I'm too selfish still to keep away entirely. But every time immigration demand to know how I can prove I'm not going to enter the US and never leave again, I have to bite my tongue and not tell them there's no damn way I'd put my whole life in the hands of the government that employs them.

the hatter

• rodgerd says:

It's not just artists and geeks. I have a client in the financial services industry on one side of the planet. They have subsidiaries in the UK. Executives from the Australasian bit are now routinely flying the longer Asian route to the UK to avoid the US.

5. baconmonkey says:

Hubba hubba is friday, not tomorrow.

6. whumpdotcom says:

Think of it as protectionism for American Idol runners-up.

7. pete23 says:

fairly political weren't they? no doubt MI5 are code-sharing with your DHS guys to ensure that everyone vaguely controversial stays within their own national borders.

8. remaker says:

Thanks to immigration, UB40's MC was stuck in Canada and unable to play with the band at a recent show at the Mountain Winery in Saratoga.

God, I feel so safe.