I, for one, welcome our new Tamanoi Vinegar Masters

PS: You know, the image and the embed lined up before I posted it. Hey brad, LJ sure worked a lot better before you stopped giving a shit...

Tags: ,

1. carus_erus says:

His grin.. his evil glowing white grin... he will take over the world and we cannot stop the balsamic vinegar overlord.

2. patrick says:

In the picture there, it looks kinda scary, but after watching the video, now the robot looks friendly and helpful!

3. mackys says:

"Beware, I live!"

"Run, coward!"

"I hunger!"

4. boggyb says:

It's lined up in the journal page http://jwz.livejournal.com/762937.html but not in my friends page (and I suspect not in yours, as we both use Generator). Looks to be just the text and image wrapping round the userpic, and centering based on that rather than the edge of the box. The elegant solution is to spend ages monkeying around with css and/or change the journal style (though that only solves it for you), the hacky solution is to sneakily add a few BR tags at the top to shift the image below the userpic box.

Ah, I assumed this was another instance of the "hey, here's a free giant 50 pixel border for you around your embeds because we don't know how to make iframes actually work!" lossage that showed up last week.

No, I was right, that's exactly what it is. Wrapping it in a table doesn't fix the alignment lossage, so it's not the userpic.

• boggyb says:

Hmm, looking at it now (on my friends page), the title, image and embed all line up vertically. Some more digging shows that the table is itself centered relative to the userpic, and so the whole thing is offset to the left by 50 pixels or so. Screenshot with tables outlined in red available here (168kB PNG)

Disclaimer: this is with IE6 under Windows XP. A quick check shows that Opera behaves the same way. I don't have a flash plugin for Firefox installed, and so can't check there (I get empty space where I should have the embed box).

5. baconmonkey says:

and in the evenings, it works as a pro-dom. Now with enhanced safe-word speech detection.

6. dojothemouse says:

brad is too busy selling Russian LJ users to Vladimir Putin.

7. carbonunit says:

Hey, you have to put something on that fish, sea greens, and protein from the sea!