Bionic Woman

Next time, on a very special episode of "Strip-Mining Your Childhood"...

...and then Starbuck shows up.

Scene missing! A video that used to be embedded in this post has disappeared. If you know of a copy of this video that is still accessible, please mail me so that I can update the link.
Tags: , , ,

1. da_zhuang says:

Wow... that looks... bad.

2. allartburns says:

IT's the same guys what did BSG, correct? I give them serious benefit of the doubt on this one. If it's half as good as BSG it'll be better than %90 of the drek out there now.

3. dr_memory says:

Well, at leats that's saved me the effort of bittorrenting the pilot. Holy god that was awful.

4. dougo says:

I for one welcome our hot bionic cylon overlords.

5. vixyish says:

Wait! Where's Max?

6. kfringe says:

Are you sure this isn't airing on Lifetime? Because this smells like it's airing on Lifetime.

7. ...and then Starbuck shows up.

Fucking hell, I thought you were just being snarky.

8. ye gawds...

And there was some bantering a year or so ago about The Six Million Dollar Man being remade as well... by (wait for it...) Jim Carrey.

Imagine the crapfest combo there!

9. dojothemouse says:

Gosh, think they'll hold the deaf sister hostage?

10. prof_null says:

Thanks Jamie, down here in erehwon (Australia) we probably won't be seeing this for another five years. Gee, at first view I'd say it wasn't worth the effort, but hey, I could be wrong - it's just that my fave show BSG worked because it had a story. This doesn't. Yet. Count the plot threads, guys.

• fnoo says:

By 'we' you mean 'Australians without the internet', surely?

Gave up waiting for shit to come out on TV ages ago down here..

• prof_null says:

not true - I have broadband but I am not keen on torrent (that would increase my already large net bill)or leaving my computer on all night to get them finished. I prefer to buy the DVD's if I actually like something: call it voting with your wallet.
        Sadly, most of the stuff isn't worth the download IMHO.

11. bfirrera says: least the good news if this is even a minor success we can get our Lindsay Wagner goodness on DVD here in the States finally!

12. elena says:

With the lack of good TV these days, I'd watch it.

But i certainly don't remember the first Bionic anything.

• But i certainly don't remember the first Bionic anything.

Back then, we didn't have special effects. Any time the bionic woman (or 6 million dollar man) was supposed to be, say, running superhumanly fast, they shot it extra-super-slow motion. Whee!

Welcome to the world of the future.

• rodgerd says:

And everyone of a certain age has practised making the stupid noise they added to the slow motion to convince you that the bionic people were using their power.

13. Miguel Ferrer was awesome in RoboCop.

"I thought we agreed on total body prosthesis. Now lose the fuckin' arm!"

14. baconmonkey says:

I'm waiting for Electra Woman and Dyna Girl.

of course, when I googled for it so I could link to an example of it's awfulnes, I find that in fact, a pilot was made in 2001.

15. sherbooke says:

looks like a huge step-up from the original Bionic Woman which was as bad, if not worse, than the original BSG and the 6 million dollar man. Ah, the rose-tinted glasses of youth! The new Bionic Woman is an actor who played in Eastenders. Hey, nice one.

16. I've got to start crying more often in the shower. Boo. The physics on those legs is desturbing, they should like bend backwards or something to get that kind of lift.

17. fantasygoat says:

No worse than Smallville. But then I am easy to please.

18. cyeh says:

Wow, there was nothing in that trailer that made me even want to watch the series. It's like they're doing tv series pilots on rehashed old ideas.

* Hero origin story? Check.
    * Government Conspiracy? Check.
    * Love interest that is involved in conspiracy? Check.
    * Relationship angst with family/love interest? Check.
    * Evil nemesis? Check.

I've seen all of these shows before. The only unique elements are extra mother/daughter angst and catfighting. Whee.

This show is going to be one part origin story, one part cat-fighting, and one part "I can't get guys interested in me, and even then I can't get too close because the government will kill them! Why can't I ever get a decent date?"

Gag me with a robotic finger.

• rodgerd says:

The whole mother left/little sister is a brat is well known to anyone who suffered through the Buffy/Dawn relationship.