Harrison's Whip

"Get me a whip or I walk"
Harrison Ford has threatened to leave the new Indiana Jones movie unless he gets to use a real whip. The 64-year-old actor has been told the weapon will have to be computer generated because of new film safety rules. But Harrison thinks the regulations are ridiculous and has reportedly said he'll pull out of the film if he can't wield his own whip.

1. liveavatar says:

That's almost as good an excuse as Brad Pitt saying he and Angelina Jolie will never marry as long as gay and lesbian people can't marry. On the one hand, sure, a good cause. On the other hand, how opportune.

• krick says:

I think Brad and Angelina are confused. Just because he's gay and she's a lesbian, doesn't mean that they can't marry each other. Gay people get married all the time, just not to people of the same sex.

2. lifelike001 says:

hoping he also wields his own girdle, so noone guesses the hero is nearly 70.

or he could have his personal assistant hold his gut in manually, like hasslehoff.

3. You know... I'm not sure whether to say RIGHT ON Harrison, cause you don't CGI the Whip buddy, or PISS OFF Harrison, cause you've proven time and time again you're a whiney "I'm all about the craft" pedantic actor who might as well have that Maplethorn whip up your ass to try and reach your brain as much as anything... you "breaking my heart to find out Han Solo is a prick" prick you...

I'm still of two minds...

4. fo0bar says:

Spielberg is still directing, right? It's just as well, the whip would just get replaced by a walkie talkie in the Special Edition.

5. heresiarch says:

good for him but... why are they making a fourth indiana jones movie??

6. vincentbondy says:

Damn straight. Also, they should still use stop motion puppety effects for the ghosts in the new Ghostbusters movie they're making, even though the rest of the film is CGI.

Also, they should stop plundering old films that I love.

7. _the_deuce_ says:

You throw me the whip, I throw you the movie!

8. kimberley66 says:

Give the man a whip!! I'd rather see the real thing in this case.

9. nelc says:

Jeez, why don't they just cgi Harrison Ford while they're at it?