new toys (oh ah oh)

(click for QTVR)

It's pretty sweet.
But very dark, since
it wants a deep field.

Tags: , , , ,

1. xach says:

The shallow DOF can be a problem to work around. Sometimes you'll see people photographing bugs with multiple flashes attached to the camera: they have to stop down to f32 to get anything in focus, and need a ton of light to get anything visible at that aperture.

• injector says:

There's a pretty neat program (Windows and Mac versions available, although the Mac lags behind in new features) called Helicon Focus that allows one to take multiple images each with a shallow DoF, while racking the focus. The software then selects the sharpest slice of each, and layers them together to create one image with a huge DoF.

Of course I love selective focus, but sometimes--especially with macro photography--I want *everything* to be in focus, and there's just no way to do it.

Speaking of DoF, there's a cool little program for the Palm (also a Windows version to print discs) called, DoF Master. It allows one to select the size of their imaging sensor/film and then see what the DoF would be at varying f/stops with a selected lens. It also allow the easy calculation of the hyperfocal distance.

2. sc00ter says:

Is that a Vectrex to the right of the monkey head

3. ioerror says:

What did you pay for the panoramic lens?

4. stoat says:

why do they insist on putting useless kitchens into these places?

5. solarbird says:

Building your own ElectriClerk? I hear homebrew ElectriClerks are all the rage these days. With, you know, the hep cats, or whatever.

6. wisedonkey says:

Pfft. Real men don't need macro lenses. We have real cameras with bellows.

7. ladykalessia says:

Yum. Be still my foolish steampunk heart. Do we get to see zoomed out pictures of that sometime?

Also, I'm intrigued by the thing that looks like a bunch of cartoon grapes.

8. marm0t says:

wow, barry andrews? no way.

9. jesus_x says:

Fracking awesome pad.

10. sir_montag says:

Nice shots!

You should really get a tripod - I got a good cheap one and it's made a world of difference in my recent photos :D

Very nice panorama conversion - what tool did you use to put it into quicktime?