The Nagy Magical-Movable-Type Pixello-Dynamotronic Computational Engine

Previously, previously, previously.

Tags: ,

1. mc_kingfish says:

I love this hugely.

2. Oh, sweet mother of god...that's beautiful.

3. jarodrussell says:

The only thing that would make this cooler is if were built using something like a Commodore 64k or an Apple II. A monochrome screen would be the icing on a sweet, sweet case.

4. sheilagh says:

Looks like something out of 20000 Leagues Under the Sea, neat!

5. infrogmation says:

And why can't I buy this mass produced?

Clearly something is wrong with this segment of the space time continum.

6. ladykalessia says:

Wow. If you've got to strip out your old treadle sewing machine, this is the best way I can imagine to do it.

7. carbonunit says:

This guy rocks. The other links on the left are good too, I enjoyed Fun With Fetuses and the Steampunk Bass Amp looks good too.

8. heliocide says:

On a slightly related note, I found this and thought "Hmmm, absurdly huge machines... Now who would post something like this?" So naturally you came to mind. Whittles had pretty much the exact same thought when I showed it to her, actually. Also, here's a flickr photo of the behemoth, which had to be done in composite as the thing is about 300 meters long.

9. firewyre says:

So, uh - where did you find this then? Just curious, as you never seem to post your via's. :)

I never post "via" because it doesn't fuckin' matter. The only thing that matters is the person who created the content, not the autofellating network of people passing links around and pretending it's "journalism" or something.

• dougo says:

I like to attribute my sources in case someone wants to read other things from that source too.

• master_meio says:

Yuck. another bland livejournal geek:

nice list of interests... agnosticism, atheism, board games, copyright reform, disc golf, electoral reform, ending the drug war, enlightened self-interest, free software, geocaching, how the mind works, mit mystery hunt, open culture, polyamory, programming languages, psychedelia, rationalism, science fiction, skepticism, strauss & howe, the case against ip, tivo, underground music

look at meeeeeeeeeeeee! look at meeeeeeee! I READ BLOGS!!1

• ferrouswheel says:

hey, autofellating is how i feel better about myself ;P

10. alisgray says:

dear Mr. Z,

have you seen this article yet?
    frog dissection kits pulled from stores after shoppers protest