Olbermann on Habeus Corpus and the Bill of Right.

"That's just pre-7/4 thinking." If he was singing, it'd be an episode of Schoolhouse Rock!
Tags: , ,

1. moof says:

Looks like crooksandliars disables direct linking to the .mov; you may wanna link to http://www.crooksandliars.com/2006/10/10/olbermann-why-does-habeas-corpus-hate-america/ instead.

2. kfringe says:

It's nice to see that other people are enjoying Olbermann's kamikaze run as much as I am.

• taffer says:

So, do you think he'll just disappear, or will he "get on board" suddenly and recant?

• kfringe says:

I think that it's difficult to have a long term career working for a defense contractor while publicly and brutally criticizing the executive branch. I suspect he'll need a new home when his contract expires -- if he lasts that long. I'm pretty sure that his increasingly pointed criticism falls into the category of "biting the hand that feeds GE."

3. Now, I don't think I would have seen Murrow or Rather bust out the sharpie and cross out the bill of rights on a newscast to make a point, but after seeing Olbermann do it, god I wish they would have maybe it would have helped get the point across...

4. kebernet says:

Yeah Jim Talent (R-1100 AD) was on Meet the Press last week and was just outraged OUTRAGED I tell you, that those weak kneed democrats like the former district attourney he is running against would want to "extend habeus corpus privileges to the terrorists."

I about smashed my TV when I heard that.

I also love that Olberman pointed out that the oath of office for the president has nothing in it about "protecting the American people" or "defending our boarders."

Now if someone would point out that we have a whole branch of government there for "interpreting" the laws, and THAT isn't his job, he might be able to pass an 8th grade social studies class.

5. n_o_m_i_c says:

We should make a law against defacing the Constitution. That's un-American.

• jesus_x says:

What Constitution? The one that Congress has effectively suspended and overruled bit by bit, or the one that Bush routinely violates and ignores?