dnalounge update

DNA Lounge update, wherein DNA Lounge Radio makes its debut.
Current Music: DNA Lounge Radio

1. bitwise says:

So you're going to pay for hardware and bandwidth, maintain an MP3 collection, and maintain a bunch of scripts, and worry about the legal hoops.

And our job is to click, and enjoy.

Works for me.

2. bitwise says:

It's been 404ing for a while now.

3. whittles says:

I clicked on the radio link.
    it offered to open dnaradio.m3u in realplayer
    and then real player said
    requested file not found

suggestions? I'm new to having a computer that can handle a radio stream.

4. radio keeps buffering for me.

but on a side note, MEAT got a great write up this month. <3 MEAT. here is the link

5. omni_ferret says:

Do you have all the songs pre-encoded, or are you re-encoding these at the appropriate bitrate? The first song played was at 160kbps, but I thought you throttle to 128kbps.

That track was a Psyclon Nine song, if that's helpful.

... As I wrote this, The Start's Hi Flyer started, & incoming bandwidth went up to 160kbps, then lowered to 128kbps, then, eventually, stuttering.

Then The Cruxshadows, Breathe, at 256kbps - stuttering started immediately.

Oh shit, I didn't even think of that... yeah, I need to re-encode them all to be 128k.

But, we have this stuttering problem even with our live 128k stream, so there's definitely a lot of "our ISP sucks" going on here.

• omni_ferret says:

I'm guessing you've tested it locally, before the ISP gets it, but you have tried adding some fraction of the rate to the throttle to cover overhead, right?

... and thank you for playing halou.

6. Nice! I like it quite a bit, actually. Thanks! :-)

Granted, it's 2:40AM PDT, but I've been connected for just about 20 minutes now without rebuffering.

7. [ music | DNA Lounge Radio ]

No more music choices oddly relevant to their corresponding posts?

8. spoonyfork says:

Remedy is back as our weekly friday event

:) Joy!

9. omni_ferret says:

I'm sure someone's suggested this, but have you thought about having a page showing what's currently playing, & pointing at a site or two to purchase the album online?