tracking local concerts is pretty slick: they screen-scrape various event calendars, you tell them what bands you're interested in, and they mail you when they're coming to town.

But the cool part is that "give them your list of bands" is moderately painless: you can upload an iTunes playlist, and they pull the band names out of it. (There's a size limit, so I had to make a few passes to get everything in there, but it wasn't too hard.)

They also export an iCal feed of only your bands, which is awesome.

Tags: ,

1. harryh says:

SonicLiving has similar functionallity.

2. 2ce says:

Thank you, that fucking rules.

3. tourb_us says:

Glad the site's useful. We were tired of missing good shows that we heard about too late. Right now we support a half dozen cities well, like San Francisco ( We're working to expand our coverage, and encourage any fan or band to add shows as well.

Also, in addition to iCal, you can subscribe to RSS of your shows, any query (like "punk near Boston") or shows that you're friends are interested in (which I like to find shows to check out).

4. fgmr says:

Very nice! Now I really have to finish ripping my CDs, so I can be alerted to the bands in the second half of the alphabet.

5. bassfingers says:

Best feature, for me, is the SMS messaging to remind me of shows a couple days out.

6. kchrist says:

This is awesome, thank you.

A while back a friend of mine came up with a similar idea as we were mourning the fact that it's such a pain in the ass to keep on on upcoming tours and the like. I'm absolutely thrilled that someone built it. I've already found upcoming shows I didn't know about.

7. jmtd says:

Hey that's fantastic. I've been ranting to friends that such a thing is a good idea for ages.

I can't figure out if this is a US-only thing. I fed in "newcastle" (I live in Newcastle upon Tyne, England) and it found no shows but didn't give me any clues that it knew what newcastle was (or which one it was).

8. hober says:

That reminds me of Podbop.