Neptus 60 Cliff Habitat

1. phoenixredux says:

More architecture designed by people who don't actually need to live in it. And I'm sure it won't be any problem to build this someplace in California. It's not like there are strict coastal development building codes in place there, or anything. Now, where to hang my art collection...

• kaneda_khan says:

The architects may not have CA in mind; their phone number is somewhere in BC.

Their rendition of the Space Needle is pretty faithful:

2. kamaraga says:

I, for one, welcome our excessively-wealthy overlords that are fashionably-hip enough to live in top-heavy buildings precariously balanced against rapidly-eroding natural features that rain rocks down on their mostly glass houses!

/me goes back to fantasizing about getting hold of the list of chumps^H^H^H^H^H^Hcustomers for those expensive-yet-deliberately-uncomfortable apartments showcased perviously....

3. This reminds me of the Sheraton Maui Resort, which the pictures do not make entirely clear (it's been greatly expanded since I saw it last): the original hotel was (is) built into the side of a cliff above the beach and Pacific Ocean. The lobby is on top of the cliff.

Not a place I'd want to be if a tsunami hit it. Or that Neptus 60 Cliff Habitat.

• kamaraga says:

Cool, that was interesting to research. Odd how the official site doesn't provide the most interesting images of all. Here are a couple small images that show what you were describing:

4. paulinahtoo says:

thanks for posting some of the neatest things.... im an architect and designer and some of this stuff you post just keeps me on my toes and smiling =)

5. giantlaser says:

It took me a moment to realize where I'd seen that before. Check the special features disc on "The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou" DVD. I think we have the collectors edition, region 2. It's full of random "wouldn't it be great?" Seaquest DSV shit like this.

For that matter, see the movie. "Do the interns get Glocks?" "I think they share one!"

6. This will be completed later this year. Walk on a clear floor 4000' above the canyon bottom.

7. taffer says:

"It's like living in the not too distant future!"