fridges for dudes, dude

Ten50 Design
Current Music: Sasha -- Goteki 45 ♬

1. gfish says:

Thank god! The other day I was wishing I could buy major appliances which convey just how insecure I am in my sexuality.

• phoenixredux says:

Does it always have to be about how secure someone is with their sexuality? What if you just want something apart from an ordinary refrigerator? It's not like you can fuck a fridge. (Only because no one has thought of it until now - give it time and it'll be in one of JWZ's next posts.) It's just about design and aesthetics. Whether or not you like the look of a fridge with flames, it's something unique. Most people just settle for the standard white or brushed aluminum, or, in my case, Harvest Gold. Plus, fancy paint aside, it's a nice appliance. I'd take this right now if my landlord would replace the god-awful ancient piece of crap in my apartment. But I'm not holding my breath.

• gfish says:

Hey, I pimped out my fridge. I just didn't spend $4795 doing it.

• phoenixredux says:

That's neat! You may not have paid that much, but I'll bet you could sell the parts to wealthy yuppies and their over-priced designers for a tidy profit.

• ferrarireign says:

Your fridge looks hot.... I have no issue with the expensive thing, if one can afford it knock yourself. out.

I was sent a catalog last week for stuff I can't afford and I think the fridge on this page is just like people owning this one.

This might set you back more because they do them to match your kitchen exactly.

2. deadmoose says:

Alton Brown used to actually have a little index of people who'd flame-painted their mixers, but that seems to be missing along with pretty much all of his content since they started revamping that website.

• phoenixredux says:

So that's what happens to people with more money than brains. Interesting.

Oh, who am I kidding? I totally want that.

• deadmoose says:

I'm right there with you; I just got a shiny new mixer in the mail today, so when I get home, I'm strongly tempted to measure it up and start looking around for decals.

• phoenixredux says:

That looks air-brushed. You might get better results from your local auto body shop that specializes in pimping '70s muscle cars. I know of a shop here in Minneapolis that would get a kick out of the job. I love those KitchenAid mixers.

3. stickyboy says:

Hell will be overrun with these before I drop five grand on one.

4. jkonrath says:

Does it have mounting brackets inside for my Intel motherboard?

5. otterley says:

No fridge actually designed for dudes could possibly put the freezer on the bottom; it would quickly overtake plumbing jobs as the #1 cause of butt crack exposure.

6. nidea says:

Shouldn't the *stove* have flames, not the fridge? The fridge could have curvy icicles, maybe...

7. Fridge pimpin' spending Gs!

I am so pimping my fridge this weekend. I think this could be done with magnets. (Psycho craft corner project!)

8. belgand says:

I love all the bullshit about lifestyle on their page. The kind of person who tends to 1)pay $5,000 for a fridge and 2)be drawn in by all that lifestyle crap doesn't seem like the same sort of person that would want to have flames on their fridge.

I'd think that big vinyl decals would do the same job much cheaper and have a much greater chance of actually selling with this design.

9. journo77 says:

That is one cool fridge. But I agree with the poster who said it should be the stove that has the flames!