ATF Rids University of Ninja Threat

ATF agents are always on alert for anything suspicious -- including ninjas.

"It was surreal," Ransom said. "I was jogging from Wesley to Snelling when I heard someone yell `freeze.'" Ransom said he thought a friend was playing a joke before he realized officers had guns drawn and pointed at him.

ATF agents had noticed Ransom's suspicious behavior and clothing and gave chase, apprehending him, Williamson said.

Ransom was wearing black sweatpants and an athletic T-shirt with one red bandanna covering the bottom half of his face and another covering the top of his head, Williamson said.

"Seeing someone with something across the face, from a federal standpoint -- that's not right," McLemore said, explaining why agents believed something to be amiss.

Previously: "The ability of that officer to gain compliance is restricted."

Tags: ,

1. ultranurd says:

I guess a club at my alma mater will have to put a stop to their ninjagram service...

2. belgand says:

When oh when will el Zorro come to free us from opression!

3. mysterc says:

I guess my response is clouded since I dont understand why you would wear a bandanna across your face... and I have spent many a halloween saying "please remove the mask so I can check your ID mr Clinton/Vader/Nixon/Spidey/etc..."

• hexapod says:

aah.. you were one of the beta testers for the "no candy" list?

• feignedapathy says:

That's what I thought, too. I seriously wonder about a person who puts a bandana over their face when going through an airport. Sounds like he wanted this to happen. :\

It would help if you people would click the fucking link every now and then. He was coming home from a "Pirates and Ninjas" party on campus.

• specialagentm says:

Jamie... don't you know the Internet exists just to periodically crush whatever optimism about humanity you've managed to save up since the last post?

You know you're happier when you just give into the Dark Side...

• feignedapathy says:

Hey, I clicked the link! Nevertheless, if I were going through an airport, I stuff the bandana in my suitcase/laptop bag/booty stash. :D

4. jef_poskanzer says:

He must not have been a very *good* ninja if the cops caught him so easily.

5. moof1138 says:

If innocent ninjas cannot walk our campuses unmolested by the ATF, the terrorists have already won.

6. fantasygoat says:

The real question is, will there be a backlash to these sort of secret police tactics or will the population simply shrug and let it get worse and worse?

I suspect the latter as long as there's new episodes of American Idol.

• nelc says:

It'll keep on happening until everyone knows someone to which stupid shit like this has happened to.

• fantasygoat says:

Not if the story is inturrupted by the next episode of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition.

• taffer says:

I'm hoping for an upswing in ninja-related activities.